Mother’s Day Kids Art Project by Fun With A Message
Mother’s Day Kids Art Project
Crayon and Watercolor Art
A Spring Theme Mother’s Day Art
With Spring underway, there’s beautiful flowers everywhere. And moms love flowers. Flowers painted by little hands make a great gift
Have fun with the kids making a keepsake to give to Mom for Mother’s Day. With a little help, kids can make a flower triptych that Mom will love to keep. All you need is a little paper, watercolors and crayons.
Mother’s Day Kids Crayon & Watercolor Art
Most people refer to this technique as “wax resist” or “crayon resist” art. It simply means the watercolors won’t paint over the crayon drawing. So we will see the outline of the flowers after painting with watercolors.
This project looks great framed!
What you need:
Step by Step Tutorial
- Cut 3 pieces of cardstock in same dimensions. We made them 5×7.
- Draw with a pencil 3 different flower shapes on cardstock
- On one of the flowers, write Mom.
- Have the kids trace the outline of the flower with a light colored crayon- Preferably white.
- Color each flower with watercolors.
- To mix colors use a damp paper towel.
- Frame the paintings
- Mixing colors
Hope you and your kiddos enjoy it!
Other Mother’s Day Kids Project Ideas
Here are some more gift ideas for mom:
There are lots of ready to go craft sets to help your child make a gift for mom or grandma.
- Etch a picture for mom and frame it:
- Make a beautiful needlepoint flower for mom:
- Make a unique card for mom with pressed flower petals
Give mom an art print:
Subscribe to Fun With A Message
Sharing is caring Please don’t forget to share!
© Copyright 2015 Fun With A Message. If you would like to reprint or use any of the material in this article please contact us.
This post might contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure page for more information.
We’ve shared this post on some fun blogs like theevolutionofmom.com, christianmommyblogger.com. Check them all out on our Fun With A Message Links & Shares page.